- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Attorney Daniel Kattman to speak at RAMI meeting, seminar
From press release
Attorney Daniel Kattman will be the speaker at a Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) meeting and seminar at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 1, at the Lombardi Club, 309 Olive St., Rockford.
Kattman will speak about band contracts. Kattman, from Milwaukee, is from Reinhart’s Entertainment and Intellectual Property Practices. He is the firm’s lead attorney for trademarks, copyrights, marketing and advertising, entertainment law, software and technology development and licensing and Internet- and e-commerce-related matters.
He works with a diverse range of clients, from large international corporations to start-up ventures, to develop domestic and international strategies regarding the acquisition, creation, commercialization, licensing and protection of intellectual property rights including technology, advertising, media and entertainment properties, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights and personalities.
He has worked in the marketing department at the world headquarters of a Fortune 500 company and been actively involved as a producer and editor of numerous feature films, television programs and documentaries. He is co-owner of a successful production and post-production company that has been involved in many award-winning projects.
Come with your questions. Kattman is an excellent source of information, as he spoke to the group two years ago, and is back by request.
Nominations will be opened, and bands may put in their nomination during the evening. Also, internships for youth will be discussed.
Social hour begins at 6:30, and munchies will be served. Beverages will be available for purchase. To make your reservation, call (815) 847-8228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the September 23-29, 2009 issue