- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes
Eileen Liezert was recently named regional vice president of Children’s Home + Aid Northern Region. Liezert will assume her responsibilities effective Oct. 9. She has worked for the agency for more than 24 years, and most recently served as director of Foster Care and Counseling Services. Liezert received her B.S. degree in psychology from Ohio State University, and her MSSA from Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio. Liezert has also developed many new and beneficial programs during her tenure as supervisor and then Director for the Northern Region. … Crescent Electric Supply Company recently announced Mark Rizzetto earned Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation from the U.S. Green Building Council and the Green Building Certification Institute. Rizzetto will provide direction and counsel to customers by assisting them in a project’s commissioning process from inception to completion. He will also serve as a point of reference during the preliminary stages of project certification when choosing the electrical components to maximize a building’s overall efficiency and to make the best use of both interior and external lighting. … Betty Lou Huntley of Machesney Park joined Chase Bank as a loan officer. She will split her time between the branches at 7997 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park, and 11440 Main St., Roscoe. … Insurance agents Richard Furgiuele and Jeffrey Richter were inducted into the Farmers’ Topper Club and invited to attend the 2009 annual meeting of the company’s top sales producers. The Rockford reps were honored for sales achievements during 2008. … Alyssa Turecek competed with more than 130 Hooters Girls at the 13th annual Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant in Hollywood, Fla. She represents the Rockford restaurant at 6904 Argus Drive. Competitors advanced through local and regional contests, placed in a top spot, or were featured as a month photo in the Hooters calendar. The winner receives a crown and cash prize, and is featured in Hooters magazine, a Hooters calendar and in national TV spots.
From the September 23-29, 2009 issue