- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers nutrition class for sports participants
From press release
If you are an athlete or an active participant in various sports, your nutrition needs may not be the same as those of someone who is less active. The registered dietitians at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center can help sports participants meet their unique nutritional needs.
will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 29, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20.
Participants will learn how altering their eating habits can improve athletic performance.
The class includes a review of how nutrition needs are different for athletes than for the general population. The dietitian will also discuss some of the popular supplements.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions and to ensure that sufficient materials are available.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue