- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers nutrition class for sports participants
From press release
If you are an athlete or an active participant in various sports, your nutrition needs may not be the same as those of someone who is less active. The registered dietitians at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center can help sports participants meet their unique nutritional needs.
will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 29, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20.
Participants will learn how altering their eating habits can improve athletic performance.
The class includes a review of how nutrition needs are different for athletes than for the general population. The dietitian will also discuss some of the popular supplements.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions and to ensure that sufficient materials are available.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue