- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers nutrition class for sports participants
From press release
If you are an athlete or an active participant in various sports, your nutrition needs may not be the same as those of someone who is less active. The registered dietitians at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center can help sports participants meet their unique nutritional needs.
will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 29, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20.
Participants will learn how altering their eating habits can improve athletic performance.
The class includes a review of how nutrition needs are different for athletes than for the general population. The dietitian will also discuss some of the popular supplements.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions and to ensure that sufficient materials are available.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue