- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center offers nutrition class for sports participants
From press release
If you are an athlete or an active participant in various sports, your nutrition needs may not be the same as those of someone who is less active. The registered dietitians at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center can help sports participants meet their unique nutritional needs.
will be offered from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 29, at the OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Room 154. The fee is $20.
Participants will learn how altering their eating habits can improve athletic performance.
The class includes a review of how nutrition needs are different for athletes than for the general population. The dietitian will also discuss some of the popular supplements.
Registration by calling (815) 395-5025 is required. Space is limited to allow for discussion and questions and to ensure that sufficient materials are available.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue