- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Sept. 28 support group meeting addresses sleep apnea
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—The A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) support group will meet from 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Beloit Memorial Hospital auditorium. Mark Burke, RRT with ResMed, will demonstrate how CPAP equipment works and how it can benefit your sleep. The meeting is sponsored by LinCare.
Through interactions with others who share this diagnosis, people with sleep apnea and their families can provide peer support and can suggest coping mechanisms to each other so the sense of isolation common to sleep apnea patients may be alleviated. All A.W.A.K.E. support groups are free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the Beloit Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorders Lab at (608) 364-5481.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue