- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Sept. 28 support group meeting addresses sleep apnea
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—The A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) support group will meet from 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Beloit Memorial Hospital auditorium. Mark Burke, RRT with ResMed, will demonstrate how CPAP equipment works and how it can benefit your sleep. The meeting is sponsored by LinCare.
Through interactions with others who share this diagnosis, people with sleep apnea and their families can provide peer support and can suggest coping mechanisms to each other so the sense of isolation common to sleep apnea patients may be alleviated. All A.W.A.K.E. support groups are free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the Beloit Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorders Lab at (608) 364-5481.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue