- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Sept. 28 support group meeting addresses sleep apnea
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—The A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) support group will meet from 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Beloit Memorial Hospital auditorium. Mark Burke, RRT with ResMed, will demonstrate how CPAP equipment works and how it can benefit your sleep. The meeting is sponsored by LinCare.
Through interactions with others who share this diagnosis, people with sleep apnea and their families can provide peer support and can suggest coping mechanisms to each other so the sense of isolation common to sleep apnea patients may be alleviated. All A.W.A.K.E. support groups are free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the Beloit Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorders Lab at (608) 364-5481.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue