- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Sept. 28 support group meeting addresses sleep apnea
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—The A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) support group will meet from 6 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Beloit Memorial Hospital auditorium. Mark Burke, RRT with ResMed, will demonstrate how CPAP equipment works and how it can benefit your sleep. The meeting is sponsored by LinCare.
Through interactions with others who share this diagnosis, people with sleep apnea and their families can provide peer support and can suggest coping mechanisms to each other so the sense of isolation common to sleep apnea patients may be alleviated. All A.W.A.K.E. support groups are free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the Beloit Memorial Hospital Sleep Disorders Lab at (608) 364-5481.
From the September 26-29, 2009 issue