- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
9-Pin Bowling Tournament for the Center of Hope
From press release
Para-Transit Bus Driver Dominic Eterno is organizing a 9-Pin Bowling Tournament to benefit the Barbara Olson Center of Hope, a not-for-profit day training center for adults with developmental disabilities, Saturday, Oct. 3. Check-in is at 1:30 p.m., and bowling starts at 2 at the Forest Hills Lanes, 7742 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park. The cost is $15/ person and includes three games of bowling and shoe rental. All bowlers will receive handicap pins.
Everyone is invited to bowl! Not a bowler? Come with friends; no cost to watch, cheer and participate in the fun. There will be door prizes donated from the community, 50/50 raffle, and more. Concessions are available at the Forest Hills Lanes snack bar. For more information and to register, contact Dominic at (815) 871-2097.
From the September 30 – October 6, 2009 issue