- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
9-Pin Bowling Tournament for the Center of Hope
From press release
Para-Transit Bus Driver Dominic Eterno is organizing a 9-Pin Bowling Tournament to benefit the Barbara Olson Center of Hope, a not-for-profit day training center for adults with developmental disabilities, Saturday, Oct. 3. Check-in is at 1:30 p.m., and bowling starts at 2 at the Forest Hills Lanes, 7742 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park. The cost is $15/ person and includes three games of bowling and shoe rental. All bowlers will receive handicap pins.
Everyone is invited to bowl! Not a bowler? Come with friends; no cost to watch, cheer and participate in the fun. There will be door prizes donated from the community, 50/50 raffle, and more. Concessions are available at the Forest Hills Lanes snack bar. For more information and to register, contact Dominic at (815) 871-2097.
From the September 30 – October 6, 2009 issue