- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Everything in the Garden at Rockford College Oct. 1-4
From press release
Rockford College performs Everything in the Garden, a play by Edward Albee, Oct. 1-4 in the college’s Cheek Theatre.
Set in the late 1960s, the audience is brought into the wood-paneled living room of Jenny (Carol Rice) and Richard (Steve Roberts), a suburban couple dealing with what every person can relate to: bills and not enough money to pay them. The play brings out several dark questions. How far will you go to get that money? And at what cost? That is what Jenny, Richard and their circle of friends unleash for the audience to decide.
Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for students and seniors age 55 and older. For tickets, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100.
From the September 30 – October 6, 2009 issue.