- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Mythbusters stars at Oct. 3 Discovery Center fund-raiser
From press release
Mark your calendars and save Oct. 3 to see Grant Imahara and Kari Byron from the Discovery Channel hit show MythBusters. The Discovery Center Auxiliary is bringing Imahara and Byron to Rockford for a fund-raising event to benefit Discovery Center Museum.
It’s a tough job separating truth from urban legend, but MythBusters does just that. Each week, the Mythbusters team takes on several myths and uses modern-day science to show you what’s real and what’s fiction. Just like the great educators at Discovery Center, they do more than explain how something may or may not be scientifically possible. Through trial and error, they actually demonstrate it!
“Behind the Myths” will be at Coronado Performing Arts Center. The dynamic duo will spend 90 minutes talking about their exploits on the show. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions. Laughs will abound as audience members enjoy outtakes from the hilarious team of myth-busting superheroes. Sorry, but no myths will be busted onstage!
Prior to the event, there will be a 2 p.m. VIP reception. Tickets for the 90-minute interactive program can be purchased online at www.coronadopac.org or through the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595. Ticket prices are $100 (includes VIP seating and reception), $55, $40 and $20. Check Discovery Center’s Web site as additional details become available at discoverycentermuseum.org.
To learn more about MythBusters, visit their Web site at http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html.
From the September 30 – October 6, 2009 issue.