- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Mythbusters stars at Oct. 3 Discovery Center fund-raiser
From press release
Mark your calendars and save Oct. 3 to see Grant Imahara and Kari Byron from the Discovery Channel hit show MythBusters. The Discovery Center Auxiliary is bringing Imahara and Byron to Rockford for a fund-raising event to benefit Discovery Center Museum.
It’s a tough job separating truth from urban legend, but MythBusters does just that. Each week, the Mythbusters team takes on several myths and uses modern-day science to show you what’s real and what’s fiction. Just like the great educators at Discovery Center, they do more than explain how something may or may not be scientifically possible. Through trial and error, they actually demonstrate it!
“Behind the Myths” will be at Coronado Performing Arts Center. The dynamic duo will spend 90 minutes talking about their exploits on the show. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions. Laughs will abound as audience members enjoy outtakes from the hilarious team of myth-busting superheroes. Sorry, but no myths will be busted onstage!
Prior to the event, there will be a 2 p.m. VIP reception. Tickets for the 90-minute interactive program can be purchased online at www.coronadopac.org or through the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595. Ticket prices are $100 (includes VIP seating and reception), $55, $40 and $20. Check Discovery Center’s Web site as additional details become available at discoverycentermuseum.org.
To learn more about MythBusters, visit their Web site at http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html.
From the September 30 – October 6, 2009 issue.