- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Community news and notes for Oct. 7-13, 2009
Students from Keith Country Day School recently earned National Merit Scholarship accolades. Senior Katie Schulz is a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist, and her classmates, Lamise Al-Basha, Farzeen Harunani and Jessica Ross, were named Commended Students, according to the 2009 report released by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Schulz, Al-Basha, Harunani and Ross qualified for the honor by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT)/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, which serves as an initial screening of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. … Andrew Gilmour of Orangeville has received the Imagine America scholarship, which will provide him with $1,000 in tuition assistance from the Imagine America Foundation. Gilmour is a graduate of Orangeville High School and will attend Ohio Technical College in Cleveland, Ohio. He is enrolled in the BMW Technology program. … Glass Enhancements recently hired Kelly Dilillo as interior design manager. Dilillo is a graduate of New York’s Sheffield School of Interior Design, and is responsible for managing Glass Enhancement’s window coverings product lines and new showroom.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the October 7-13, 2009 issue