- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Community news and notes for Oct. 7-13, 2009
Students from Keith Country Day School recently earned National Merit Scholarship accolades. Senior Katie Schulz is a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist, and her classmates, Lamise Al-Basha, Farzeen Harunani and Jessica Ross, were named Commended Students, according to the 2009 report released by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Schulz, Al-Basha, Harunani and Ross qualified for the honor by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT)/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, which serves as an initial screening of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. … Andrew Gilmour of Orangeville has received the Imagine America scholarship, which will provide him with $1,000 in tuition assistance from the Imagine America Foundation. Gilmour is a graduate of Orangeville High School and will attend Ohio Technical College in Cleveland, Ohio. He is enrolled in the BMW Technology program. … Glass Enhancements recently hired Kelly Dilillo as interior design manager. Dilillo is a graduate of New York’s Sheffield School of Interior Design, and is responsible for managing Glass Enhancement’s window coverings product lines and new showroom.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the October 7-13, 2009 issue