Winners of Park District’s Great Golf Ball Drop announced
From press release
Chris Newhart was the grand-prize winner in Rockford Park District’s Great Golf Ball Drop Wednesday, Oct. 7. Newhart will receive $2,500.
At 6:13 p.m., Oct. 7, more than 1,800 numbered golf balls were dropped from a 60-foot crane towering over the Learning Links at Ingersoll Golf Course. Newhart’s golf ball was the first to land in the hole, making him the grand-prize winner. Other awards were given to those whose golf balls landed closest to the hole, as follows:
• Aaron Koch won a family fun package to Orlando, Fla.;
• Pat Gibbons and Betsy Maville won a one-year supply of Culver’s custard;
• Lamont Jones won a party for 10 at Fraiche Cafe & Company in Winnebago, Ill.;
• Emanuel Gagliano won a Black Hills gold necklace and earrings;
• Pat Gibbons won an assortment of wine;
• Gene Berg won a 2010 Magic Waters season pass;
• Pat Gibbons won a 2010 Rockford Park District season golf pass;
• Laurie Hadler won a $50 gift certificate to GQ Sports; and
• Mona Penticoff won a round of four at Erin Hills Golf Course.
The Great Golf Ball Drop is a benefit for the Rockford Park District Foundation and Rockford Park District youth golf programs.
Print This Article