- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Bus trip to SOFA Chicago set for Nov. 6
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Women’s Art Board will host a bus trip to the SOFA Chicago exhibit Friday, Nov. 6.
Celebrating its 16th year, SOFA Chicago 2009, the critically-acclaimed Sculpture Objects & Functional Art Fair, returns to Navy Pier’s Festival Hall Nov. 6-8 to present masterworks from top international galleries and dealers. The fair will also feature special exhibits by renowned museums, universities and art organizations, as well as an extensive lecture series, all included in the admission price.
Seating is limited for the Nov. 6 bus trip. A $35 reservation is due by Oct. 29. Mail $35 reservations to Helen Brooks, 2429 Harlem Blvd., Rockford, IL 61103. The $35 includes bus, refreshments and show tickets.
The bus will leave Rockford at 9 a.m., Nov. 6, from the RAM parking lot and return to RAM at around 6 p.m. Those attending the event are on their own for lunch—numerous cafés are available in the festival hall as well as restaurants in Navy Pier.
Call RAM at (815) 968-2787 or visit the Women’s Art Board Web page, www.rockfordartmuseum.org/WAB.html, for more information.
To learn more about the exhibit, visit the SOFA Web site at www.sofaexpo.com.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue