- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
Bus trip to SOFA Chicago set for Nov. 6
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Women’s Art Board will host a bus trip to the SOFA Chicago exhibit Friday, Nov. 6.
Celebrating its 16th year, SOFA Chicago 2009, the critically-acclaimed Sculpture Objects & Functional Art Fair, returns to Navy Pier’s Festival Hall Nov. 6-8 to present masterworks from top international galleries and dealers. The fair will also feature special exhibits by renowned museums, universities and art organizations, as well as an extensive lecture series, all included in the admission price.
Seating is limited for the Nov. 6 bus trip. A $35 reservation is due by Oct. 29. Mail $35 reservations to Helen Brooks, 2429 Harlem Blvd., Rockford, IL 61103. The $35 includes bus, refreshments and show tickets.
The bus will leave Rockford at 9 a.m., Nov. 6, from the RAM parking lot and return to RAM at around 6 p.m. Those attending the event are on their own for lunch—numerous cafés are available in the festival hall as well as restaurants in Navy Pier.
Call RAM at (815) 968-2787 or visit the Women’s Art Board Web page, www.rockfordartmuseum.org/WAB.html, for more information.
To learn more about the exhibit, visit the SOFA Web site at www.sofaexpo.com.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue