- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bus trip to SOFA Chicago set for Nov. 6
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Women’s Art Board will host a bus trip to the SOFA Chicago exhibit Friday, Nov. 6.
Celebrating its 16th year, SOFA Chicago 2009, the critically-acclaimed Sculpture Objects & Functional Art Fair, returns to Navy Pier’s Festival Hall Nov. 6-8 to present masterworks from top international galleries and dealers. The fair will also feature special exhibits by renowned museums, universities and art organizations, as well as an extensive lecture series, all included in the admission price.
Seating is limited for the Nov. 6 bus trip. A $35 reservation is due by Oct. 29. Mail $35 reservations to Helen Brooks, 2429 Harlem Blvd., Rockford, IL 61103. The $35 includes bus, refreshments and show tickets.
The bus will leave Rockford at 9 a.m., Nov. 6, from the RAM parking lot and return to RAM at around 6 p.m. Those attending the event are on their own for lunch—numerous cafés are available in the festival hall as well as restaurants in Navy Pier.
Call RAM at (815) 968-2787 or visit the Women’s Art Board Web page, www.rockfordartmuseum.org/WAB.html, for more information.
To learn more about the exhibit, visit the SOFA Web site at www.sofaexpo.com.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue