- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Disney on Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic Dec. 10-13 at MetroCentre
From press release
A century of classic and new Disney stars are taking to the ice to share memories, laughs and excitement in Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic. The magnificent celebration is coming to the MetroCentre in Rockford from Thursday, Dec. 10, to Sunday, Dec. 13. Tickets go on sale Thursday, Oct. 15.
Spanning 100 years of Disney magical moments, this show is truly cross-generational, with something to appeal to every member of the family from grandchild to grandparent, and a perfect way for families to gather and create indelible memories around the holidays, at an affordable price.
This magical moment in entertainment history combines Disney’s unforgettable stories and enthralling characters that have entertained families across the world. captivating production features the largest cast ever of lovable Disney stars from 18 timeless Disney stories and 65 characters, including Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, all the Disney princesses, as well as friends from Disney’s Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and both Toy Story movies—LIVE in Rockford!
Audiences will not want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime ice spectacular that features beautifully choreographed figure skating to Academy Award-winning songs “When You Wish Upon a Star,” “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Under the Sea,” “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” and many more. Dazzling sets, memorable characters, beautiful costumes and exciting special effects will transport audiences through decades of beloved Disney stories.
Tickets for Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic start at $10 and go up to $40. They can be purchased at the MetroCentre box office, www.metrocentre.com or by calling (815) 968-5222.
To discover more about Disney On Ice, log on to www.disneyonice.com.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue