- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Irish Gallery of Ethnic Heritage Museum opens new display Oct. 18
• Free admission to ‘Past/Present Irish Bishops of the Rockford Diocese and Irish Political Leaders’
From press release
The Irish Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., unveils “Past/Present Irish Bishops of the Rockford Diocese and Irish Political Leaders” from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 18. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Entertainment will be provided by Rick Burns, keyboardist/vocalist, and refreshments will be available.
The displays of Rockford Diocese bishops include the following: Bishop Peter J. Muldoon (1908-1927), Bishop Edward F. Hoban (1928-1942), Bishop John J. Boylan (1943-1953), Bishop Raymond P. Hillinger (1954-1956), Bishop-elect Donald M. Carroll (1956), Bishop Loras T. Lane (1956-1968), Bishop Arthur J. O’Neill (1968-1994) and Bishop Thomas G. Doran (1994-present).
Additional displays will include past and present Irish political leaders.
Info: visit www.ethnicheritagemuseum.org or call (815) 962-7402.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue