- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Irish Gallery of Ethnic Heritage Museum opens new display Oct. 18
• Free admission to ‘Past/Present Irish Bishops of the Rockford Diocese and Irish Political Leaders’
From press release
The Irish Gallery of the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., unveils “Past/Present Irish Bishops of the Rockford Diocese and Irish Political Leaders” from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 18. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Entertainment will be provided by Rick Burns, keyboardist/vocalist, and refreshments will be available.
The displays of Rockford Diocese bishops include the following: Bishop Peter J. Muldoon (1908-1927), Bishop Edward F. Hoban (1928-1942), Bishop John J. Boylan (1943-1953), Bishop Raymond P. Hillinger (1954-1956), Bishop-elect Donald M. Carroll (1956), Bishop Loras T. Lane (1956-1968), Bishop Arthur J. O’Neill (1968-1994) and Bishop Thomas G. Doran (1994-present).
Additional displays will include past and present Irish political leaders.
Info: visit www.ethnicheritagemuseum.org or call (815) 962-7402.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue