- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Benefit for Linda Martinovich Oct. 18
By Susan Johnson
The friends and family of Linda Martinovich, who is undergoing treatment at SwedishAmerican Hospital, will hold a benefit for her from 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 18, at Park Lanes Bowl, 5318 N. Second St., Loves Park. She was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, which has since spread to her brain.
Her husband, Randy, and grown children, Todd and Tanya, are grateful to all the businesses that have generously donated items. Admission is only $5 per person at the door, and kids younger than 10 get in free. Come and enjoy a variety of food including hot dishes, pasta, sandwiches, hot dogs, beverages, and music. Take part in raffles including a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, Chinese auction and silent auction.
The Park Lanes Bowl was chosen to host the benefit, as Linda is an avid bowler and resident of Loves Park. Some of the auction items donated include jewelry, a Wisconsin Dells package, sports memorabilia (including an autographed Derrick Rose pennant, matching jersey, and an autographed Johnny Knox Bears helmet), tattoo package, holiday portrait package, and lots more. Todd Martinovich said, “Everyone who comes has a chance to win a prize.”
Monetary donations can be made at any Alpine Bank in the name of
Linda Martinovich Benefit.
For more details, call (815) 398-6500, or Loves Park Bowl at (815) 877-6051.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue