- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Leifheit doesn’t have facts on Canadian health system
Mike Leifheit’s column Making sausage and other wonderful things
(Sept. 30-Oct. 6) did a great disservice to the discussion about Obama’s health care bill. I notice the people who oppose the bill give a page number for the items that concern them. People like Leifheit, who support the bill, give vague assurances (
You won’t lose your doctor!
) or word of mouth from people in socialized medicine nations who say it’s working well. Mike must have missed the statement by the incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association, Dr. Anne Doig.
We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize,
said Doig in an interview in mid-August. Canadian doctors are talking
As hard as the mainstream press tried to look the other way when 1.5 or 2 million people poured into Washington, D.C., on 9/12, people are angry and, yes, frightened over the plans of this administration to turn life in America into some kind of socialistic paradise. We know that paradise is not what awaits, when the national debt will DOUBLE by 2012, and TRIPLE by 2019, if Obama’s agenda is enacted into law.
Wake up and smell the coffee!! Americans who feel we’re in a car driven by a madman should investigate GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE. GOOOH founder, Tim Cox, will be at the historic St. Charles Arcada Theatre in St. Charles at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 15. Please e-mail ILGOOOH@gmail.com for more information, or call (779) 423-5406.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue