- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Leifheit doesn’t have facts on Canadian health system
Mike Leifheit’s column Making sausage and other wonderful things
(Sept. 30-Oct. 6) did a great disservice to the discussion about Obama’s health care bill. I notice the people who oppose the bill give a page number for the items that concern them. People like Leifheit, who support the bill, give vague assurances (
You won’t lose your doctor!
) or word of mouth from people in socialized medicine nations who say it’s working well. Mike must have missed the statement by the incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association, Dr. Anne Doig.
We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize,
said Doig in an interview in mid-August. Canadian doctors are talking
As hard as the mainstream press tried to look the other way when 1.5 or 2 million people poured into Washington, D.C., on 9/12, people are angry and, yes, frightened over the plans of this administration to turn life in America into some kind of socialistic paradise. We know that paradise is not what awaits, when the national debt will DOUBLE by 2012, and TRIPLE by 2019, if Obama’s agenda is enacted into law.
Wake up and smell the coffee!! Americans who feel we’re in a car driven by a madman should investigate GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE. GOOOH founder, Tim Cox, will be at the historic St. Charles Arcada Theatre in St. Charles at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 15. Please e-mail ILGOOOH@gmail.com for more information, or call (779) 423-5406.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue