- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Leifheit doesn’t have facts on Canadian health system
Mike Leifheit’s column Making sausage and other wonderful things
(Sept. 30-Oct. 6) did a great disservice to the discussion about Obama’s health care bill. I notice the people who oppose the bill give a page number for the items that concern them. People like Leifheit, who support the bill, give vague assurances (
You won’t lose your doctor!
) or word of mouth from people in socialized medicine nations who say it’s working well. Mike must have missed the statement by the incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association, Dr. Anne Doig.
We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize,
said Doig in an interview in mid-August. Canadian doctors are talking
As hard as the mainstream press tried to look the other way when 1.5 or 2 million people poured into Washington, D.C., on 9/12, people are angry and, yes, frightened over the plans of this administration to turn life in America into some kind of socialistic paradise. We know that paradise is not what awaits, when the national debt will DOUBLE by 2012, and TRIPLE by 2019, if Obama’s agenda is enacted into law.
Wake up and smell the coffee!! Americans who feel we’re in a car driven by a madman should investigate GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE. GOOOH founder, Tim Cox, will be at the historic St. Charles Arcada Theatre in St. Charles at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 15. Please e-mail ILGOOOH@gmail.com for more information, or call (779) 423-5406.
Jane Ryan Carrell
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue