- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Miles Nielsen returns to Rockford after big week
• Singer/songwriter at Kryptonite Oct. 16, following Late Night appearance with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
By Jim Hagerty
Singer/songwriter Miles Nielsen makes a return to Rockford for a show at Kryptonite this Friday, Oct. 16. Nielsen is coming off shows playing bass with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, including a slot on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday, Oct. 9, with brother Daxx on drums). The Wandering Sons also played Zankel Theater in New York City’s Carnegie Hall Saturday, Oct. 10.
Nielsen’s solo album, Miles, continues to muster favorable reviews and airplay.
With contributions by a host of all-stars, the record is also dragging the Rockford native throughout the country for sets at notable venues like Red Rocks in Denver, Chicago’s Vic Theater and a host of notable clubs and festivals.
Show starts at 10 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931. A complete music schedule is at www.kryptonitebar.com.
Song samples from Miles can be streamed at Nielsen’s Myspace page at www.myspace.com/milesnielsen.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue