- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Miles Nielsen returns to Rockford after big week
• Singer/songwriter at Kryptonite Oct. 16, following Late Night appearance with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
By Jim Hagerty
Singer/songwriter Miles Nielsen makes a return to Rockford for a show at Kryptonite this Friday, Oct. 16. Nielsen is coming off shows playing bass with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, including a slot on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday, Oct. 9, with brother Daxx on drums). The Wandering Sons also played Zankel Theater in New York City’s Carnegie Hall Saturday, Oct. 10.
Nielsen’s solo album, Miles, continues to muster favorable reviews and airplay.
With contributions by a host of all-stars, the record is also dragging the Rockford native throughout the country for sets at notable venues like Red Rocks in Denver, Chicago’s Vic Theater and a host of notable clubs and festivals.
Show starts at 10 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931. A complete music schedule is at www.kryptonitebar.com.
Song samples from Miles can be streamed at Nielsen’s Myspace page at www.myspace.com/milesnielsen.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue