- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Miles Nielsen returns to Rockford after big week
• Singer/songwriter at Kryptonite Oct. 16, following Late Night appearance with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
By Jim Hagerty
Singer/songwriter Miles Nielsen makes a return to Rockford for a show at Kryptonite this Friday, Oct. 16. Nielsen is coming off shows playing bass with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, including a slot on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday, Oct. 9, with brother Daxx on drums). The Wandering Sons also played Zankel Theater in New York City’s Carnegie Hall Saturday, Oct. 10.
Nielsen’s solo album, Miles, continues to muster favorable reviews and airplay.
With contributions by a host of all-stars, the record is also dragging the Rockford native throughout the country for sets at notable venues like Red Rocks in Denver, Chicago’s Vic Theater and a host of notable clubs and festivals.
Show starts at 10 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931. A complete music schedule is at www.kryptonitebar.com.
Song samples from Miles can be streamed at Nielsen’s Myspace page at www.myspace.com/milesnielsen.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue