- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Miles Nielsen returns to Rockford after big week
• Singer/songwriter at Kryptonite Oct. 16, following Late Night appearance with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
By Jim Hagerty
Singer/songwriter Miles Nielsen makes a return to Rockford for a show at Kryptonite this Friday, Oct. 16. Nielsen is coming off shows playing bass with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, including a slot on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday, Oct. 9, with brother Daxx on drums). The Wandering Sons also played Zankel Theater in New York City’s Carnegie Hall Saturday, Oct. 10.
Nielsen’s solo album, Miles, continues to muster favorable reviews and airplay.
With contributions by a host of all-stars, the record is also dragging the Rockford native throughout the country for sets at notable venues like Red Rocks in Denver, Chicago’s Vic Theater and a host of notable clubs and festivals.
Show starts at 10 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931. A complete music schedule is at www.kryptonitebar.com.
Song samples from Miles can be streamed at Nielsen’s Myspace page at www.myspace.com/milesnielsen.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue