- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Miles Nielsen returns to Rockford after big week
• Singer/songwriter at Kryptonite Oct. 16, following Late Night appearance with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons
By Jim Hagerty
Singer/songwriter Miles Nielsen makes a return to Rockford for a show at Kryptonite this Friday, Oct. 16. Nielsen is coming off shows playing bass with Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons, including a slot on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday, Oct. 9, with brother Daxx on drums). The Wandering Sons also played Zankel Theater in New York City’s Carnegie Hall Saturday, Oct. 10.
Nielsen’s solo album, Miles, continues to muster favorable reviews and airplay.
With contributions by a host of all-stars, the record is also dragging the Rockford native throughout the country for sets at notable venues like Red Rocks in Denver, Chicago’s Vic Theater and a host of notable clubs and festivals.
Show starts at 10 p.m. Cover charge information can be obtained by calling Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931. A complete music schedule is at www.kryptonitebar.com.
Song samples from Miles can be streamed at Nielsen’s Myspace page at www.myspace.com/milesnielsen.
From the October 14-20, 2009 issue