- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Barbara Olson Center of Hope benefit art show Oct. 23 at Cliffbreakers
From press release
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope will again inspire the Rockford community with its fresh and exciting art show from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 23, at Cliffbreakers Conference Center.
In response to the economy, “Inspired to Paint” will feature useable art from local artists as well as work done by participants at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope. The participant artwork was created under the training of the local artists.
The art show is a dual-purpose fund-raiser for the center.
“It is a great way to showcase the work of people with special developmental needs and to raise money for the programs that assist them,” said Carm Herman, executive director of the Center of Hope. “Art is a great way for our participants to express themselves.”
The show will feature art from local artists Ingrid Dohm, Jeanne Coe, Nancy Anderson, Darcy Allen, Toni Cacciatore, Mary Rosandich and more. Participant art objects will be available for purchase.
Numerous original pieces of art, donated from more than 28 regional artists, will be available through silent auction, along with a variety of gift baskets.
The entire community is invited to enjoy an evening of art, a taste of Italy buffet, and optional wine tasting. Tickets to the art show and buffet are $35, and are available at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope and all Alpine Bank locations. Reservations are recommended, and are taken at (815) 964-9275, ext. 228.
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope is a not-for-profit organization for people with special developmental needs. The Center of Hope has been serving the Rock River Valley area since 1948, and serves 193 participants. Its mission is to “Help individuals with developmental disabilities reach personal goals through individualized skill development, vocational opportunities, and community service.”
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue