- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Barbara Olson Center of Hope benefit art show Oct. 23 at Cliffbreakers
From press release
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope will again inspire the Rockford community with its fresh and exciting art show from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 23, at Cliffbreakers Conference Center.
In response to the economy, “Inspired to Paint” will feature useable art from local artists as well as work done by participants at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope. The participant artwork was created under the training of the local artists.
The art show is a dual-purpose fund-raiser for the center.
“It is a great way to showcase the work of people with special developmental needs and to raise money for the programs that assist them,” said Carm Herman, executive director of the Center of Hope. “Art is a great way for our participants to express themselves.”
The show will feature art from local artists Ingrid Dohm, Jeanne Coe, Nancy Anderson, Darcy Allen, Toni Cacciatore, Mary Rosandich and more. Participant art objects will be available for purchase.
Numerous original pieces of art, donated from more than 28 regional artists, will be available through silent auction, along with a variety of gift baskets.
The entire community is invited to enjoy an evening of art, a taste of Italy buffet, and optional wine tasting. Tickets to the art show and buffet are $35, and are available at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope and all Alpine Bank locations. Reservations are recommended, and are taken at (815) 964-9275, ext. 228.
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope is a not-for-profit organization for people with special developmental needs. The Center of Hope has been serving the Rock River Valley area since 1948, and serves 193 participants. Its mission is to “Help individuals with developmental disabilities reach personal goals through individualized skill development, vocational opportunities, and community service.”
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue