- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Barbara Olson Center of Hope benefit art show Oct. 23 at Cliffbreakers
From press release
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope will again inspire the Rockford community with its fresh and exciting art show from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 23, at Cliffbreakers Conference Center.
In response to the economy, “Inspired to Paint” will feature useable art from local artists as well as work done by participants at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope. The participant artwork was created under the training of the local artists.
The art show is a dual-purpose fund-raiser for the center.
“It is a great way to showcase the work of people with special developmental needs and to raise money for the programs that assist them,” said Carm Herman, executive director of the Center of Hope. “Art is a great way for our participants to express themselves.”
The show will feature art from local artists Ingrid Dohm, Jeanne Coe, Nancy Anderson, Darcy Allen, Toni Cacciatore, Mary Rosandich and more. Participant art objects will be available for purchase.
Numerous original pieces of art, donated from more than 28 regional artists, will be available through silent auction, along with a variety of gift baskets.
The entire community is invited to enjoy an evening of art, a taste of Italy buffet, and optional wine tasting. Tickets to the art show and buffet are $35, and are available at the Barbara Olson Center of Hope and all Alpine Bank locations. Reservations are recommended, and are taken at (815) 964-9275, ext. 228.
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope is a not-for-profit organization for people with special developmental needs. The Center of Hope has been serving the Rock River Valley area since 1948, and serves 193 participants. Its mission is to “Help individuals with developmental disabilities reach personal goals through individualized skill development, vocational opportunities, and community service.”
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue