- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
DC Solar Electric class Oct. 24
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—Are you interested in the possibility of installing a solar electric system on a cabin or isolated building? If so, you might be interested in a class the Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will offer near Oregon, Ill.
Saturday, Oct. 24, a DC Solar Electric class will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon. It will provide an overview of a small DC photovoltaic system, and include how to design, assemble and install a system, components of a system, battery options and maintenance. Workshop members will assemble a system and test its performance. The instructor will share his experience installing a small system in a Jamaican village.
A donation of $60 for non-IREA members (which includes membership) and $40 for members is suggested. The IREA is a 501(c)(3) organization.
The IREA hosts the annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair as well as similar classes each year. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (815) 732-7332.
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue