- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
IceHogs deserve more coverage
Just a thought. I was reading your article about keeping newspapers alive, and it triggered my thinking that the folks at rrstar seem to shortchange our IceHogs. These guys are the real deal; think about it, a truly professional franchise right here in river city. The Star gives them minimal space way in the back; it’s rare that they give ‘em 6 inches of lineage. I’m sure if your paper made them as large in life as they should be in a town this size, it would help promote sports in this town. Come on, why not give ’em a big logo on your paper; they are just down the street from you. Go in depth, get the good stuff on the players, fans, games, play them up; you could have a real edge on the rrstar guys, who don’t seem to really care. They think we all should just concentrate on the Chicago teams. We have some real winners in town.
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue