- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
IceHogs deserve more coverage
Just a thought. I was reading your article about keeping newspapers alive, and it triggered my thinking that the folks at rrstar seem to shortchange our IceHogs. These guys are the real deal; think about it, a truly professional franchise right here in river city. The Star gives them minimal space way in the back; it’s rare that they give ‘em 6 inches of lineage. I’m sure if your paper made them as large in life as they should be in a town this size, it would help promote sports in this town. Come on, why not give ’em a big logo on your paper; they are just down the street from you. Go in depth, get the good stuff on the players, fans, games, play them up; you could have a real edge on the rrstar guys, who don’t seem to really care. They think we all should just concentrate on the Chicago teams. We have some real winners in town.
From the October 21-27, 2009 issue