- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
CD release party for Jim Post Oct. 30
From press release
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes back an old favorite, Jim Post, at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 30, to help him celebrate with a CD release party. Go to Katie’s Cup, 502 Seventh St., Rockford, and get ready for some folk/pop/humor/theatrics.
Jim Post said,
I think it’s so groovy now, that people are finally gettin’ together!
His latest release, Reach Out Together, 2009, embodies and expresses the entire spirit of the ’60’s Love Peace & Freedom Movement.
Post is a Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, writer, performer, playwright and recording artist of more than 30 albums, including children’s music and the seminal rock-n-roll mega-hit, Reach Out in the Darkness! Fans know and love Post’s theatrics on stage, and they can’t wait to see what he’ll do for Halloween!
This elfin troubadour, in whom are married Irish tenor, revival sermonist, and hillbilly bluesman à la Jimmie Rogers, works upon his audience like a preacher, and is able to control the energy in the room without lapse for the entire duration of the performance.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Advance tickets are available at Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both of The Postal Shoppe locations, in the Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940; The Kilt & Clover, 1414 N. Main, (815) 962-5458; and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903. Tickets can also be ordered with credit card via PayPal ($1/ticket service charge), at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org. Print your receipt and present it at the door to redeem your tickets.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebconcerts.com.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue