- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Crusader Clinic presents ‘Fall in Love with Caring’ Oct. 30
From press release
Crusader Community Health is hosting their annual fund-raiser, “Fall in Love with Caring,” from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Oct. 30, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd. Cost of the event is $100 or $1,000 for a table of 10. The evening includes music by the Stellanova’s, an autumn-themed dinner, announcement of the “Spirit of Caring” and Dr. Forrest Riordan awards, and a fantastic silent and live auction.
The live auction will feature a sapphire and diamond ring valued at $3,800, donated by Clodius and Co.; a one-week stay at a Marco Island, Fla., condo donated by Chuck and Sue Thomas; an exquisite gourmet dinner for six prepared by Philippe Forcioli, executive chef, donated by Cliffbreakers/Jimmy Vitale, founder; a children’s rechargeable golf cart donated by Lexus of Rockford; a pheasant hunt for four people at the Upland Hunt Club, donated by William Charles; and a handmade quilt donated by the Sinnissippi Quilters.
The raffle is a chance to win the grand prize, a 50-inch plasma TV and Blu-ray disc player donated by Riverside Community Bank; second prize is a laptop computer donated by Rockford Information Technologies; the third prize is $1,000 cash donated by Crusader Community Health Foundation board members. Raffle tickets sell for $5 each or five for $20, and can be purchased online at www.crusaderhealth.org, click on “Fall in Love with Caring.” RSVP for an event menu that includes raffle ticket sales.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the development of a new pediatric medical unit at the Crusader Community Health on West State Street and other needs at Crusader as designated by the Crusader Community Health Foundation Board of Directors. For the past 37 years, Crusader has strived to ensure that all people in our community have access to quality, affordable primary health care. During the past 12 months, the clinic served the health care needs of more than 40,000 individual patients.
For more information, contact the Crusader Community Health Foundation office, phone (815) 490-1620 or visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the October 28 – November 3, 2009