- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Deli Italia helps Doug Furze celebrate 50th birthday
By Jim Hagerty
The community is welcome to Deli Italia Lounge this Friday, Oct. 30, to help local musician and activist Doug Furze celebrate his 50th birthday.
Furze is the founder of Concerts for Charity and has been the leader of several area bands and musical acts. Furze’s Hot Fest for Hospice and Catfish John Memorial Music Fest are popular events that have donated proceeds to local charities and purchased musical instruments for area schools. Furze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer.
Doug’s band, Blunatics, will perform. Show starts at 8 p.m. Deli Italia is at 507 E. State St., downtown Rockford. The club can be reached at (815) 962-3354.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue