- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Deli Italia helps Doug Furze celebrate 50th birthday
By Jim Hagerty
The community is welcome to Deli Italia Lounge this Friday, Oct. 30, to help local musician and activist Doug Furze celebrate his 50th birthday.
Furze is the founder of Concerts for Charity and has been the leader of several area bands and musical acts. Furze’s Hot Fest for Hospice and Catfish John Memorial Music Fest are popular events that have donated proceeds to local charities and purchased musical instruments for area schools. Furze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer.
Doug’s band, Blunatics, will perform. Show starts at 8 p.m. Deli Italia is at 507 E. State St., downtown Rockford. The club can be reached at (815) 962-3354.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue