- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Deli Italia helps Doug Furze celebrate 50th birthday
By Jim Hagerty
The community is welcome to Deli Italia Lounge this Friday, Oct. 30, to help local musician and activist Doug Furze celebrate his 50th birthday.
Furze is the founder of Concerts for Charity and has been the leader of several area bands and musical acts. Furze’s Hot Fest for Hospice and Catfish John Memorial Music Fest are popular events that have donated proceeds to local charities and purchased musical instruments for area schools. Furze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer.
Doug’s band, Blunatics, will perform. Show starts at 8 p.m. Deli Italia is at 507 E. State St., downtown Rockford. The club can be reached at (815) 962-3354.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue