- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Deli Italia helps Doug Furze celebrate 50th birthday
By Jim Hagerty
The community is welcome to Deli Italia Lounge this Friday, Oct. 30, to help local musician and activist Doug Furze celebrate his 50th birthday.
Furze is the founder of Concerts for Charity and has been the leader of several area bands and musical acts. Furze’s Hot Fest for Hospice and Catfish John Memorial Music Fest are popular events that have donated proceeds to local charities and purchased musical instruments for area schools. Furze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer.
Doug’s band, Blunatics, will perform. Show starts at 8 p.m. Deli Italia is at 507 E. State St., downtown Rockford. The club can be reached at (815) 962-3354.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue