- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Deli Italia helps Doug Furze celebrate 50th birthday
By Jim Hagerty
The community is welcome to Deli Italia Lounge this Friday, Oct. 30, to help local musician and activist Doug Furze celebrate his 50th birthday.
Furze is the founder of Concerts for Charity and has been the leader of several area bands and musical acts. Furze’s Hot Fest for Hospice and Catfish John Memorial Music Fest are popular events that have donated proceeds to local charities and purchased musical instruments for area schools. Furze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this summer.
Doug’s band, Blunatics, will perform. Show starts at 8 p.m. Deli Italia is at 507 E. State St., downtown Rockford. The club can be reached at (815) 962-3354.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue