- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Healthy Halloween Party set for Oct. 31
From press release
Children up to age 10 are invited to attend a “Healthy Kids Halloween Party” from 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 31, in the lobby at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford.
Attendees will enjoy healthy Halloween treats, participate in a costume contest and try their luck at some favorite party games.
All kids are encouraged to dress up. The event is sponsored by medical students from the pediatric interest group and the family medicine interest group.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford is at 1601 Parkview Ave., in Rockford, and has served the area since 1971 as a regional academic health science center.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue