- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Panel to discuss pop culture Nov. 2
From press release
Three Rockford College professors will offer their insights into pop culture during a panel discussion at the college from 4 to 5 p.m., Nov. 2, in the Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
Panelists for the discussion are Shawn Klein, instructor in the Philosophy Department; Matt Flamm, assistant professor of philosophy; and Michael Perry, assistant professor of English. All three have written extensively and given presentations about pop culture and its effect on society.
The event is free and open to the public.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue