- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Panel to discuss pop culture Nov. 2
From press release
Three Rockford College professors will offer their insights into pop culture during a panel discussion at the college from 4 to 5 p.m., Nov. 2, in the Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
Panelists for the discussion are Shawn Klein, instructor in the Philosophy Department; Matt Flamm, assistant professor of philosophy; and Michael Perry, assistant professor of English. All three have written extensively and given presentations about pop culture and its effect on society.
The event is free and open to the public.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue