- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Panel to discuss pop culture Nov. 2
From press release
Three Rockford College professors will offer their insights into pop culture during a panel discussion at the college from 4 to 5 p.m., Nov. 2, in the Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
Panelists for the discussion are Shawn Klein, instructor in the Philosophy Department; Matt Flamm, assistant professor of philosophy; and Michael Perry, assistant professor of English. All three have written extensively and given presentations about pop culture and its effect on society.
The event is free and open to the public.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue