- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Panel to discuss pop culture Nov. 2
From press release
Three Rockford College professors will offer their insights into pop culture during a panel discussion at the college from 4 to 5 p.m., Nov. 2, in the Burpee Center Grace Roper Lounge.
Panelists for the discussion are Shawn Klein, instructor in the Philosophy Department; Matt Flamm, assistant professor of philosophy; and Michael Perry, assistant professor of English. All three have written extensively and given presentations about pop culture and its effect on society.
The event is free and open to the public.
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue