- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rue Marche renovates
From press release
Rue Marche, “Rockford’s Best Karaoke Bar” (rockfordrestaurants.com), has renovated to better serve their customers.
Improvements include re-finished floors, upgraded kitchen and bathrooms, and an expanded menu.
“The Rue,” a local favorite for decades, hosts karaoke Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights until 2 a.m., and is at 620 Market St. (one block off East State Street).
From the October 28-November 3, 2009 issue