- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Stroke and Osteoporosis Screening coming to Rockford Nov. 3
From press release
MADISON, Wis.—Residents living in and around the Rockford community can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. The New Milford United Methodist Church will host Life Line Screening Nov. 3. The site is at 7102 Cindy Drive in Rockford. Appointments will begin at 9 a.m.
Four key points every person needs to know—
1. Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability.
2. Eighty percent of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke.
3. Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke.
4. Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient.
Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease. A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women.
Packages start at $139. All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call (877) 237-1287 or visit the Web site at www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.
Life Line Screening was established in 1993, and has since become the nation’s leading provider of preventive screenings.
From the October 28 – November 3, 2009