- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Diabetes Support Group meets at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center
From press release
The next OSF Diabetes Support Group meeting will be at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 11, in the St. Francis Room at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The topic for the meeting is
Ask a Diabetes Educator.
The meeting is free and open to the public.
For more information, call the OSF St. Anthony Diabetes Education Center at (815) 395-5159.
The OSF St. Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved re-certification for Disease-Specific Care from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and was awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF St. Anthony was the second health care facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF St. Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, is owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria. The Medical Center Web site is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue