- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Local couple to discuss experiences of eating local for one year
From press release
University of Illinois Extension will host a presentation by Lenae Weichel and her husband, Kevin Holdmann, from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17, at University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Lenae and Kevin will present and share their experiences of eating locally for a full year in northern Illinois. They will talk about the what, why and how of eating locally, along with successes and challenges.
Eating locally has given them many insights and practical suggestions for incorporating more local foods into everyday life, especially for people who want to make small changes. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and a Q & A. Refreshments will include local food. Visit their blog at www.eatnearrockford.com.
RSVPs can be made by calling University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://winnebago.extension.uiuc.edu.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue