- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Local couple to discuss experiences of eating local for one year
From press release
University of Illinois Extension will host a presentation by Lenae Weichel and her husband, Kevin Holdmann, from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17, at University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Lenae and Kevin will present and share their experiences of eating locally for a full year in northern Illinois. They will talk about the what, why and how of eating locally, along with successes and challenges.
Eating locally has given them many insights and practical suggestions for incorporating more local foods into everyday life, especially for people who want to make small changes. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and a Q & A. Refreshments will include local food. Visit their blog at www.eatnearrockford.com.
RSVPs can be made by calling University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://winnebago.extension.uiuc.edu.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue