- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Local couple to discuss experiences of eating local for one year
From press release
University of Illinois Extension will host a presentation by Lenae Weichel and her husband, Kevin Holdmann, from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17, at University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Lenae and Kevin will present and share their experiences of eating locally for a full year in northern Illinois. They will talk about the what, why and how of eating locally, along with successes and challenges.
Eating locally has given them many insights and practical suggestions for incorporating more local foods into everyday life, especially for people who want to make small changes. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and a Q & A. Refreshments will include local food. Visit their blog at www.eatnearrockford.com.
RSVPs can be made by calling University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://winnebago.extension.uiuc.edu.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue