- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Local couple to discuss experiences of eating local for one year
From press release
University of Illinois Extension will host a presentation by Lenae Weichel and her husband, Kevin Holdmann, from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17, at University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Lenae and Kevin will present and share their experiences of eating locally for a full year in northern Illinois. They will talk about the what, why and how of eating locally, along with successes and challenges.
Eating locally has given them many insights and practical suggestions for incorporating more local foods into everyday life, especially for people who want to make small changes. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and a Q & A. Refreshments will include local food. Visit their blog at www.eatnearrockford.com.
RSVPs can be made by calling University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://winnebago.extension.uiuc.edu.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue