- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Local couple to discuss experiences of eating local for one year
From press release
University of Illinois Extension will host a presentation by Lenae Weichel and her husband, Kevin Holdmann, from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 17, at University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County, 1925 S. Meridian Road, Rockford.
Lenae and Kevin will present and share their experiences of eating locally for a full year in northern Illinois. They will talk about the what, why and how of eating locally, along with successes and challenges.
Eating locally has given them many insights and practical suggestions for incorporating more local foods into everyday life, especially for people who want to make small changes. There will be a PowerPoint presentation and a Q & A. Refreshments will include local food. Visit their blog at www.eatnearrockford.com.
RSVPs can be made by calling University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://winnebago.extension.uiuc.edu.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue