- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
November is National Home Care & Hospice Month
From press release
When you or someone you love requires care—at home, in the hospital or in a nursing facility—or is facing end-of-life issues, the questions and decisions can seem overwhelming. In such stressful and confusing circumstances, OSF Home Care Services stands ready to provide solutions best suited to each individual case.
This month, OSF Home Care Services celebrates National Home Care and Hospice Month. OSF St. Anthony wants to honor the health care administrators, doctors, nurses, clinicians, therapists, aides, clergy and volunteers who make a difference in the lives of their patients and their families.
OSF Home Care Service employs nearly 500 and serves an average of 6,700 patients per day in six agency locations throughout central and northern Illinois and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Services include: diabetes supply program, home health, home infusion pharmacy, home medical equipment, hospice, and personal response system.
Each year during November, OSF Home Care Services coordinates expos at their hospitals to educate hospital staff and the community about their services. Expo in this area will be from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 11, at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, 5666 E. State St., in Anthony’s Café, lower level. For information about the expo, contact Caroline Slocum at (815) 519-3132.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue