- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford Park District news briefs
From press release
Sign up teams for men’s basketball—The entry deadline is Saturday, Nov. 7, for Rockford Park District’s Fall/Winter Men’s Basketball League for adults age 18 and older. The 13-week season begins Nov. 8, with games played Sundays, 2-7 p.m. at Washington Park Community Recreation Center, 3617 Delaware St., Rockford. Entry fee is $375 per team; the first 10 teams to enter will be accepted. There will be an additional $20 fee for any player added to a team after Nov. 22. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis by team only; register by mail, phone (with credit card), at Park District Customer Service (downtown or Carlson Ice Arena), or at Washington Park Community Center. For an entry form or more information, call (815) 987-1619 or (815) 289-5147, or Customer Service at (815) 987-8800. For information about disability support or wheelchair basketball programs, call (815) 987-8800.
Cranberry Classic Competition—Rockford Park District’s Carlson Ice Arena will host the Sixth Annual Cranberry Classic Figure Skating Competition from 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 8. More than 160 skaters of various skill levels ages 4-16 from Illinois and Wisconsin will participate in the event, which includes Compulsory and Free Skating events. Spectators are welcome to attend; admission is free. Carlson Ice Arena is at 4150 N. Perryville Road (at East Riverside Boulevard), Loves Park. For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/cranberryclassic or call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Special November Ice Skating Event—Enjoy some exercise with the family while having a
gobblin’ good time
at the annual Turkey Skate special ice skating session, from 2-4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 22, at Carlson Ice Arena. Enjoy live DJ music while skating, taking a free lesson, and having pictures taken with
($2 per photo). Admission is just $5, which includes skate rental; ages 2 and younger admitted free. (No discount coupons accepted for this event.) For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 969-4609. For information about accessibility and adapted skating equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the November 4-10, 2009 issue