- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Police searching for missing Hononegah student
By Stuart R. Wahlin
The Roscoe Police Department is asking for your help to locate 17-year-old Brooke Ashley VanBriesen. The Hononegah High School senior has been missing since Nov. 6, and was last seen leaving her mother’s home in Roscoe.
VanBriesen is believed to have run away following an argument, but has made no contact with her family since.
“Basically, all I have right now is a runaway case, and we are working every angle of it,” Roscoe Police Chief Jamie Evans said Nov. 10. “We’ve been working on this non-stop for two days, and we’re coming to dead ends.”
Although VanBriesen is not believed to have been abducted, Evans noted the case is being taken very seriously.
“You don’t just say, ‘Oh, it’s a runaway,’ and be done with it, because you could have runaways gone for months, and you just don’t know whose hands they’re gonna fall into,” she said.
Evans indicated Roscoe Police will be collaborating with the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department because of a case that may be related.
Tracy Miller, Brooke’s mom, said VanBriesen was pulled from school one day last month by someone posing as her mother.
Police believe VanBriesen is still in the area. Evans reported she was last seen wearing blue jeans, a blue coat and pink slippers, but Miller described her daughter’s outfit as blue jeans, a light blue sweater with a white tank top, and a gray-and-white-checkered wool coat. Miller said VanBriesen was not wearing pink slippers.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Roscoe Police at (815) 623-7338.
From the November 11-17, 2009 issue