- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Musical Parade set at Rockford College Nov. 19-22
From press release
Parade, a popular Broadway musical, will be performed at Rockford College Nov. 19-22 in the college’s Maddox Theatre.
The musical is the tragic, true story of the trial and lynching of a man wrongly accused of murder in Georgia in 1913. The story is brought to emotional and theatrical life by acclaimed playwright Alfred Uhry (Driving Miss Daisy) and Jason Robert Brown, one of Broadway’s most promising young composers (Songs For A New World).
Performances are 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, and 2 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults; $7 for students and seniors. For tickets and more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100. See www.rockford.edu for other upcoming events.
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue