- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Musical Parade set at Rockford College Nov. 19-22
From press release
Parade, a popular Broadway musical, will be performed at Rockford College Nov. 19-22 in the college’s Maddox Theatre.
The musical is the tragic, true story of the trial and lynching of a man wrongly accused of murder in Georgia in 1913. The story is brought to emotional and theatrical life by acclaimed playwright Alfred Uhry (Driving Miss Daisy) and Jason Robert Brown, one of Broadway’s most promising young composers (Songs For A New World).
Performances are 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, and 2 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults; $7 for students and seniors. For tickets and more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100. See www.rockford.edu for other upcoming events.
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue