- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Musical Parade set at Rockford College Nov. 19-22
From press release
Parade, a popular Broadway musical, will be performed at Rockford College Nov. 19-22 in the college’s Maddox Theatre.
The musical is the tragic, true story of the trial and lynching of a man wrongly accused of murder in Georgia in 1913. The story is brought to emotional and theatrical life by acclaimed playwright Alfred Uhry (Driving Miss Daisy) and Jason Robert Brown, one of Broadway’s most promising young composers (Songs For A New World).
Performances are 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, and 2 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults; $7 for students and seniors. For tickets and more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100. See www.rockford.edu for other upcoming events.
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue