- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Musical Parade set at Rockford College Nov. 19-22
From press release
Parade, a popular Broadway musical, will be performed at Rockford College Nov. 19-22 in the college’s Maddox Theatre.
The musical is the tragic, true story of the trial and lynching of a man wrongly accused of murder in Georgia in 1913. The story is brought to emotional and theatrical life by acclaimed playwright Alfred Uhry (Driving Miss Daisy) and Jason Robert Brown, one of Broadway’s most promising young composers (Songs For A New World).
Performances are 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, and 2 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults; $7 for students and seniors. For tickets and more information, call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100. See www.rockford.edu for other upcoming events.
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue