- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
That poor MetroCentre
Every time (almost) the MetroCentre authorities ask for more money, our City Hall comes to their rescue! But whose money are they (city planners) spending? It’s the citizens of Winnebago County’s taxes! And if our mayor and aldermen do not have enough funds, they can always obtain borrowed bonds. It isn’t the lack of money that our MetroCentre has. It’s the large salaries that the CEOs are getting. So what if someone pleads their case for 10 minutes? Because these fat cats are only getting a large salary every year they are in business! On the MetroCentre’s behalf, they figure,
if we build it, they will come.
But at the same time, they (MetroCentre) are giving our so-called city leaders the prospect of filling their city coffers. The real solution is for these bigwigs of the MetroCentre to take a pay cut!
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue