- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
That poor MetroCentre
Every time (almost) the MetroCentre authorities ask for more money, our City Hall comes to their rescue! But whose money are they (city planners) spending? It’s the citizens of Winnebago County’s taxes! And if our mayor and aldermen do not have enough funds, they can always obtain borrowed bonds. It isn’t the lack of money that our MetroCentre has. It’s the large salaries that the CEOs are getting. So what if someone pleads their case for 10 minutes? Because these fat cats are only getting a large salary every year they are in business! On the MetroCentre’s behalf, they figure,
if we build it, they will come.
But at the same time, they (MetroCentre) are giving our so-called city leaders the prospect of filling their city coffers. The real solution is for these bigwigs of the MetroCentre to take a pay cut!
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue