- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
That poor MetroCentre
Every time (almost) the MetroCentre authorities ask for more money, our City Hall comes to their rescue! But whose money are they (city planners) spending? It’s the citizens of Winnebago County’s taxes! And if our mayor and aldermen do not have enough funds, they can always obtain borrowed bonds. It isn’t the lack of money that our MetroCentre has. It’s the large salaries that the CEOs are getting. So what if someone pleads their case for 10 minutes? Because these fat cats are only getting a large salary every year they are in business! On the MetroCentre’s behalf, they figure,
if we build it, they will come.
But at the same time, they (MetroCentre) are giving our so-called city leaders the prospect of filling their city coffers. The real solution is for these bigwigs of the MetroCentre to take a pay cut!
From the November 18-24, 2009 issue