FedEx helps Machesney Park customers gear up for busy holiday season
From press release
The Machesney Park FedEx Office is offering helpful advice and solutions to help its local customers save time and money as they prepare to ship hundreds of holiday packages this holiday season. According to Lorie Jaeger, district manager of the North West Chicago District for FedEx Office, FedEx is ready and waiting to help holiday shoppers get their gifts delivered in time for the holidays.
Get it there in time
The last day to ship with FedEx Ground for delivery scheduled by Christmas is Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009. For last-minute shoppers, the last day to ship with FedEx Express is Wednesday, Dec. 23, for delivery scheduled before Christmas.
“We have a team of packing and shipping professionals ready to treat each and every package with the tender, loving care it deserves,” said Jaeger.
“Whether you bring packages packed and ready to go or want us to take care of all that for you, we will make sure they are ready to get to their final destination to help spread your holiday cheer.”
Ship and pack it right
Jaeger said the earlier you ship, the shorter the lines. And proper packaging can make all the difference in getting your important gifts and holiday items to their destination. FedEd customers should keep the following tips in mind when shipping this holiday:
Choose the right supplies
• Use sturdy boxes with flaps intact. For heavier items, use double-wall boxes. Don’t exceed the weight specifications for your box.
• Do not reuse boxes if at all possible. If reusing a box, make sure there are no holes, tears or corner dents, and remove any old labels. Consider placing the box within another box for additional protection.
• Make sure your box is large enough to put adequate padding around contents. Position your item in the center of the box and surround by cushioning such as bubble wrap, foam “peanuts,” densely- packed shredded paper or foam pads. Use enough packing material—ideally, one inch on all sides—so the item does not shift during transit.
• Use tape designed for packing, not duct or masking tape. Do not wrap the outer box with paper or string, which can get caught in automated processing equipment.
• FedEx Office in Machesney Park offers a variety of the most popular packing supplies, including free FedEx shipping supplies for FedEx Express shipments. They also offer boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other essentials for purchase.
• Position the address label squarely on the largest surface, and provide complete sender and recipient addresses, including phone numbers and ZIP codes.
• Put the recipient’s address and your return address inside the box as well.
Avoid the lines
• You can print directly from your PC to the nearest FedEx Office location using FedEx Print Online. This way, you’ll save the trip of ordering copies of your holiday flyers, invitations, custom greeting cards or other documents in person during this busy holiday season.
Prepare shipments online
• Use FedEx Ship Manager, and you can ship without leaving your home or office. To use, customers simply click the “Prepare Shipment Online” option under the “Ship” tab on the fedex.com U.S. homepage, register as a user and follow the easy-to-use instructions. No extra software is required.
• Tracking a package with FedEx is easy and convenient. On average, more than 5.5 million package-tracking requests a day are handled on fedex.com.
Customers can go to the FedEx U.S. homepage, click on the tracking option and supply the tracking numbers for up to 30 FedEx Express and/or FedEx Ground packages. FedEx will then supply real-time information about the package status and location in the delivery network.
At the Machesney Park FedEx Office, simple steps can be taken to save money and time in preparing and shipping packages. Customers can apply to save up to 16 percent on eligible FedEx Express services and 8 percent on eligible FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services when using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com or FedExShip Manager Software.
In addition, Jaeger said customers can ship by Dec. 17 and use FedEx Ground and Home Delivery Services for the most cost-effective delivery. FedEx Home Delivery service connects every residential address in the U.S. via the residential-only delivery network while offering Date Certain, Evening and Appointment deliveries to make shipping more convenient for your recipient.
Customers should also package their shipments properly to minimize the weight of the package and reduce shipping costs. And they should drop FedEx Express shipments off at one of more than 53,000 FedEx drop-off locations to avoid added surcharges.
Jaeger advises local customers to visit fedex.com to view possible savings with companies such as American Express, Google Checkout, Hertz, Amazon Services, Grasshopper, Pitney Bowes, QuickBooks, Network Solutions, Alibaby, USAA and stamps.com.
The Machesney Park FedEx Office offers a full range of FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping options—complete with packaging services, supplies and unique holiday gift ideas such as holiday cards and calendars. The Machesney Park FedEx Office is at 1525 W. Lane Road in Machesney Park.
Print This Article