- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Community news and notes for week of Nov. 25
Michael Carroll of Machesney Park was recently elected activities coordinator for the College of Business Executive Council (COBEC) at Illinois State University. Carroll is a senior at Illinois State University majoring in business administration, and is also a Harlem High School graduate. The COBEC serves as the student advisory council to the College of Business Dean’s Office. The officers of the COBEC are elected each spring by interested students who are members of a College of Business student organization. … Tyler Nelson of Rockford was promoted to senior engineer at Crawford, Murphy & Tilly Inc. (CMT) after his registration as a professional engineer in Illinois. Nelson is a civil engineer assigned to CMT’s Rockford Aviation Group. He is working on engineering design and construction inspection services for taxiway and runway rehabilitation projects at the Chicago Rockford International Airport. … Karen Sikorski, clinical nurse specialist in pain management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, received the American Society of Pain Management Nursing’s (ASPNM) 2009 Distinguished Service Award. She was nominated by the Northern Illinois Regional Pain Resource Nurse Consortium and received the award during the ASPNM’s national conference in September in New Orleans. Sikorski was selected based on numerous local, state and national accomplishments in pain management and palliative care, professional activities, integrity, nursing leadership, contributions to nursing, and her positive attitude about the nursing profession.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue