- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Community news and notes for week of Nov. 25
Michael Carroll of Machesney Park was recently elected activities coordinator for the College of Business Executive Council (COBEC) at Illinois State University. Carroll is a senior at Illinois State University majoring in business administration, and is also a Harlem High School graduate. The COBEC serves as the student advisory council to the College of Business Dean’s Office. The officers of the COBEC are elected each spring by interested students who are members of a College of Business student organization. … Tyler Nelson of Rockford was promoted to senior engineer at Crawford, Murphy & Tilly Inc. (CMT) after his registration as a professional engineer in Illinois. Nelson is a civil engineer assigned to CMT’s Rockford Aviation Group. He is working on engineering design and construction inspection services for taxiway and runway rehabilitation projects at the Chicago Rockford International Airport. … Karen Sikorski, clinical nurse specialist in pain management at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, received the American Society of Pain Management Nursing’s (ASPNM) 2009 Distinguished Service Award. She was nominated by the Northern Illinois Regional Pain Resource Nurse Consortium and received the award during the ASPNM’s national conference in September in New Orleans. Sikorski was selected based on numerous local, state and national accomplishments in pain management and palliative care, professional activities, integrity, nursing leadership, contributions to nursing, and her positive attitude about the nursing profession.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue