- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Habitat for Humanity ReStore expands, volunteers needed
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is now open an additional day. Effective immediately, the ReStore has added Thursdays to the schedule. The hours will be 10 a.m.-6 p.m., identical to Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The ReStore has also expanded its floor space into an adjacent storefront. The new space will allow the retail shop to sell donated gently-used furniture. Upholstered furniture will not be accepted or sold.
More volunteers are needed to staff the store, which donates all profits to the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity building program. Customer service, pricing, staging donations and assembly are all tasks with which volunteer may assist. The ReStore puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families. Volunteers have completed 84 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReStore, call (815) 713-3184 or e-mail email@example.com.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue