- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Habitat for Humanity ReStore expands, volunteers needed
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is now open an additional day. Effective immediately, the ReStore has added Thursdays to the schedule. The hours will be 10 a.m.-6 p.m., identical to Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The ReStore has also expanded its floor space into an adjacent storefront. The new space will allow the retail shop to sell donated gently-used furniture. Upholstered furniture will not be accepted or sold.
More volunteers are needed to staff the store, which donates all profits to the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity building program. Customer service, pricing, staging donations and assembly are all tasks with which volunteer may assist. The ReStore puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families. Volunteers have completed 84 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReStore, call (815) 713-3184 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue