- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Habitat for Humanity ReStore expands, volunteers needed
From press release
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) ReStore is now open an additional day. Effective immediately, the ReStore has added Thursdays to the schedule. The hours will be 10 a.m.-6 p.m., identical to Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday hours will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The ReStore has also expanded its floor space into an adjacent storefront. The new space will allow the retail shop to sell donated gently-used furniture. Upholstered furniture will not be accepted or sold.
More volunteers are needed to staff the store, which donates all profits to the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity building program. Customer service, pricing, staging donations and assembly are all tasks with which volunteer may assist. The ReStore puts back into use surplus and gently-used building materials, keeping them out of our landfills.
RAHFH is committed to building simple, decent, affordable homes to be sold to qualified low-income families. Volunteers have completed 84 Habitat homes since incorporating in 1988.
To learn more about volunteering or donating items to the ReStore, call (815) 713-3184 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue