- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Nutcracker Ballet takes Coronado stage Nov. 28
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and the Rockford Dance Company are once again collaborating to present Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Ballet at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 28 at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Live music from the RSO, vibrant sets and dazzling costumes make this the premier production in northern Illinois and a wonderful way to celebrate the start of the holiday season.
This year’s performance features professional lead dancers including Rockford native April Daly and her partner Mauro Villanueva of the Joffrey Ballet; returning guest Yumelia Garcia, now also with the Joffrey Ballet; and new this year, Garcia’s partner Miguel Blanco, of Ballet National de Cuba. The year’s performance also features Rockford community arts advocate and dancer Shelton Kay as Herr Drosselmeyer.
Tickets for the performances are available on the Web at rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO box office at (815) 965-0049. Tickets for this year’s performance are $18-$49.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue