- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Nutcracker Ballet takes Coronado stage Nov. 28
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and the Rockford Dance Company are once again collaborating to present Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Ballet at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 28 at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Live music from the RSO, vibrant sets and dazzling costumes make this the premier production in northern Illinois and a wonderful way to celebrate the start of the holiday season.
This year’s performance features professional lead dancers including Rockford native April Daly and her partner Mauro Villanueva of the Joffrey Ballet; returning guest Yumelia Garcia, now also with the Joffrey Ballet; and new this year, Garcia’s partner Miguel Blanco, of Ballet National de Cuba. The year’s performance also features Rockford community arts advocate and dancer Shelton Kay as Herr Drosselmeyer.
Tickets for the performances are available on the Web at rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO box office at (815) 965-0049. Tickets for this year’s performance are $18-$49.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue