- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Nutcracker Ballet takes Coronado stage Nov. 28
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and the Rockford Dance Company are once again collaborating to present Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Ballet at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 28 at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Live music from the RSO, vibrant sets and dazzling costumes make this the premier production in northern Illinois and a wonderful way to celebrate the start of the holiday season.
This year’s performance features professional lead dancers including Rockford native April Daly and her partner Mauro Villanueva of the Joffrey Ballet; returning guest Yumelia Garcia, now also with the Joffrey Ballet; and new this year, Garcia’s partner Miguel Blanco, of Ballet National de Cuba. The year’s performance also features Rockford community arts advocate and dancer Shelton Kay as Herr Drosselmeyer.
Tickets for the performances are available on the Web at rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO box office at (815) 965-0049. Tickets for this year’s performance are $18-$49.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue