- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Nutcracker Ballet takes Coronado stage Nov. 28
From press release
Rockford Symphony Orchestra (RSO) and the Rockford Dance Company are once again collaborating to present Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Ballet at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 28 at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Live music from the RSO, vibrant sets and dazzling costumes make this the premier production in northern Illinois and a wonderful way to celebrate the start of the holiday season.
This year’s performance features professional lead dancers including Rockford native April Daly and her partner Mauro Villanueva of the Joffrey Ballet; returning guest Yumelia Garcia, now also with the Joffrey Ballet; and new this year, Garcia’s partner Miguel Blanco, of Ballet National de Cuba. The year’s performance also features Rockford community arts advocate and dancer Shelton Kay as Herr Drosselmeyer.
Tickets for the performances are available on the Web at rockfordsymphony.com or by calling the RSO box office at (815) 965-0049. Tickets for this year’s performance are $18-$49.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue