- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
OSF Center for Health Fitness offers free introduction to classes
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health Fitness is offering a free introduction to several classes during the week of Nov. 30 to Dec. 4 at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Participants can attend a free Gentle Yoga class from 9 to 10:15 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
Anyone older than 55 is invited to attend a free Golden Motion class offered from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
The above classes are free, but registration is required by calling (815) 395-4505.
Other classes are offered for a fee at the OSF Center for Health during the week.
A “Boot Camp” class will be offered from 1 to 2 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 29. The cost is $10.
An exercise physiologist will demonstrate the proper techniques for training with free weights from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. or from 4 to 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30. The fee is $6.
Safety & Self Defense classes, children’s Tae-Kwon-Do and the Weight Management During the Holidays class titled “Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run” will also be held during the week. These classes include a fee.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4505.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue