- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
OSF Center for Health Fitness offers free introduction to classes
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health Fitness is offering a free introduction to several classes during the week of Nov. 30 to Dec. 4 at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Participants can attend a free Gentle Yoga class from 9 to 10:15 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
Anyone older than 55 is invited to attend a free Golden Motion class offered from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
The above classes are free, but registration is required by calling (815) 395-4505.
Other classes are offered for a fee at the OSF Center for Health during the week.
A “Boot Camp” class will be offered from 1 to 2 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 29. The cost is $10.
An exercise physiologist will demonstrate the proper techniques for training with free weights from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. or from 4 to 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30. The fee is $6.
Safety & Self Defense classes, children’s Tae-Kwon-Do and the Weight Management During the Holidays class titled “Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run” will also be held during the week. These classes include a fee.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4505.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue