- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
OSF Center for Health Fitness offers free introduction to classes
From press release
The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Health Fitness is offering a free introduction to several classes during the week of Nov. 30 to Dec. 4 at the OSF Center for Health, 5510 E. State St., Rockford.
Participants can attend a free Gentle Yoga class from 9 to 10:15 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
Anyone older than 55 is invited to attend a free Golden Motion class offered from 2 to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 1 and 3.
The above classes are free, but registration is required by calling (815) 395-4505.
Other classes are offered for a fee at the OSF Center for Health during the week.
A “Boot Camp” class will be offered from 1 to 2 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 29. The cost is $10.
An exercise physiologist will demonstrate the proper techniques for training with free weights from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. or from 4 to 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30. The fee is $6.
Safety & Self Defense classes, children’s Tae-Kwon-Do and the Weight Management During the Holidays class titled “Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run” will also be held during the week. These classes include a fee.
For information and registration, call the OSF Center for Health Fitness at (815) 395-4505.
From the November 25-December 1, 2009 issue